— Matthew 25:36
First Congregational Church of Ripon began a joint Prison Ministry Project with First Congregational Church of Madison at Fox Lake Correctional Facility. Since then, we have expanded our Prison Ministry to Red Granite Correctional Facility. Pastor Joanna and rotating congregation representatives participate in a service of Word and Sacrament on the second and fourth Monday of each month.
- The Prison Ministry Project is a pastoral ministry of word and sacrament for prisoners inside the walls.
- It is a ministry of help for their families.
- It is a ministry of resource for local pastors and congregations faced with members in prison or who want to learn how they can respond to the Gospel of Matthew.
- It is a ministry of advocacy for prison reform.
- It is a ministry of cooperation with other denominations and social justice programs around the state.
You can also find more information on the program, which began in Madison, here.